Friday, November 4, 2022

Reflection of Myanmar – Availability, and Diversity.

My affiliation with Red Cross

For the 1st time, I landed here in Myanmar on 19th Dec 2021. During the COVID era, my life was started with lots of COVID restrictions and Standard procedures. As an official mission, I must follow all the safety measures and SOPs. My daily life started with curiosity and adaptation to new circumstances.


Since my affiliation with Red Cross, for humanitarian service and support to my project team. The means of transportation, we are using was as usual as available locally. Only Red Cross workers are using the RC visibility to build their own confidence, and protection, and inform others – those are "Red Cross workers". Red Cross is not only an organization, this is a perception, a way of thinking, and a positive beavering. I salute the Red Cross's visibility and its acceptance globally. 


Food “Availability and Diversity”

As a livelihood and food security professional, my eyes always focus on the “Availability and Diversity” of foods. This is not a complete observation to date, I visited some of the locations in Rakhine state and Yangon. As a witness, how I am enjoying Myanmar with local food. I love to cook myself; I have been visiting the local street market to collect my daily cooking needs. My eyes always focus on local products and new ones. Local products mean indigenous i.e. not an improvised - chicken local, eggs, vegetables, kinds of seafoods, and similar to the local restaurants around.

While visiting the local restaurants, first I look around at the available foods and of course the ingredients, I like spicy foods. For me, in Myanmar the food availability and ingredients are not so different in comparison to Nepal. The difference is only with some cooked food, Myanmar includes sweets and salt, which are not my taste.   

    

These photos were captured in Yangon, Sittwe, and on the way to Maungdaw, Myanmar (Rakhine state) at Bay Bengal in 2022#RCRC #ifrc #redcross



-Chiranjibi/04 Nov, 2022 at Yangon

Thank you, Dhanyabad, ကျေးဇူးတင်ပါသည် (kyaayyjuutainparsai)

Happiness, resilience, support, respect, and localization - Cash transfer programming (CTP)- sorts of activities – through conditional cash grant (CCG)

Chiranjibi, Sittwe, Rakhine, Myanmar -23 March 2023.   When I am formulating the title of this blog post, I am thinking about my own happine...